WRITE YOUR WRONG
Article Writing Competition by The ParaleGal
About the Competition
The ParaleGal is organising its first ever Article Writing Competition on “Topical Legal Issues”. We are organising this Competition to encourage law students to write progressive articles on major world issues. As the Competition title 'Write Your Wrong' suggests, we want you to express your opinions and scrutinise the current problems, and the decisions taken on the same.
Topical Legal Issues
Topics regarding any recent changes in Indian Legislation or any urgent changes required in the same.
Recent events or concerns within the country and opinions on the action taken/required.
Legal ramifications of the global pandemic.
All current legal issues in our country.
Any topic falling under the categories of News, Law/Politics, Sociology, or Alternative Dispute Resolution
1. The article must be written in English.
2. Co-authorship up to two authors is permitted. (prize money division will be up to you)
3. Only one entry is allowed per author.
4. Plagiarism above 15% shall result in disqualification. No part of the article can be either published or under consideration for publication in any other platform.
5. Offensive, lewd or defamatory content will result in disqualification.
6. Articles may be anywhere between 800 – 2000 words. (inclusive of footnotes, if any)
7. Submissions must include the authors details, name of college, and the title of the article.
8. The participants are required to submit research papers in soft copy form.
9. All articles must include a short abstract detailing the contents of the article.
10. All the soft copy submissions in MS Word should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition is open for students pursuing LL.B. (3 years or 5 years), or LL.M. from any acknowledged university across the country.
First Place: Cash Prize of Rs. 5000/-, Certificate of Merit, and publication on TheParaleGal.org
Second Place: Cash Prize of Rs. 3000/-, Certificate of Merit, and publication on TheParaleGal.org
Third Place: Cash Prize of Rs. 2000/-, Certificate of Merit, and publication on TheParaleGal.org
The top 8 articles shall be published on TheParaleGal.org with mention of position secured.
Certificate of participation shall be awarded to all participants.
Article Submission: 31st July 2020
Result: 7th August 2020
NO REGISTRATION NECESSARY. Simply submit your article to email@example.com before the submission deadline, following all the guidelines, and your article shall be considered for the competition.
Submissions are FREE.
Editor in Chief
3rd year student of BA-LLB, at St. Joseph's College of Law, Bangalore
Editor of 'Sui Generis' (official college magazine)
For any queries or clarifications you may contact us at any of the following:
Phone: +91 9731570570